Insulation Installation, Replacement & Removal
Gibbs is your home for quality insulation installation and replacement.
We’ve been providing superior home insulation services to Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin for 20 years. For professional installation and replacement of insulation in your home, attic, basement or garage, count on our expert technicians. We use only high quality insulation and adhere to the strictest safety standards so your home remains a safe and secure environment for your family.
& Repair Services in Milwaukee
Gibbs Home Improvements provides the best in insulation to keep your home and garage warm during the harshest Wisconsin winters and cool in even the hottest summers. A properly insulated home can not only save you hundreds of dollars in heating and cooling costs each year, but it can also create a sound barrier and a moisture barrier. While keeping neighborhood noises at bay may not be top concern for some homeowners, reducing the amount of moisture in your home can help keep your family healthy.
We specialize in the installation and replacement of rigid foam insulation, fiberglass insulation and blown-in fiberglass (cellulose) insulation.
Rigid Foam Insulation
Rigid foam insulation, also called foam board insulation, is usually comprised of polystyrene, polyisocyanurate or polyurethane. We recommend using rigid foam insulation in unfinished walls, unfinished foundation walls, floors, ceilings and unvented roofs with a low slope. Because rigid foam insulation is so versatile, and has a higher insulating value at minimal thickness, it is a more popular choice among homeowners.
Fiberglass insulation is available in rolls and batts and can be faced or unfaced. Rolls are the easiest to transport, even throughout the home, and can be cut to fit any length which is most convenient in flooring. Batts are available in precut lengths and often contain more square feet than fiberglass insulation, making them ideal for cavities that are framed, like walls, attic ceilings and flooring. We recommend fiberglass insulation for areas between joists, studs and beams throughout your home.
Blown-In Fiberglass Insulation
Blown-in fiberglass insulation, sometimes called cellulose insulation, is commonly used in hard-to-reach areas where gaining enough access for rigid foam insulation is impossible. We use high-tech equipment to control the speed and force of the insulation being blown-in so there’s less mess. This also provides a more even insulation distribution so there are no weak points of access in your walls and floors. Blown-in fiberglass insulation can be used in existing walls that are closed or in open, new walls. We also place insulation in unfinished attic flooring to help control the loss of heat in your home. For areas that are misshapen or contain obstructions, blown-in fiberglass insulation is your simple solution.
Having trouble determining what type of insulation will serve your home best? Leave it to the experts at Gibbs Home Improvements. Let us know where your insulation needs replaced, or the type of structure being built, and we can help you determine the best type of insulation to use in Southeast Wisconsin.
Insulation Removal Services
Whether you want to replace your existing insulation or are remodeling or demolishing a structure, our insulation technicians are experienced at the removal of all types of insulation. Insulation can be extremely irritating to the skin, and should not come into contact with your eyes or lungs, so it’s best to leave insulation removal to the professionals.
Reasons to Replace Insulation
Because most homeowners don’t have easy access to the insulation in their homes, they are often unaware of problems that arise due to inadequate insulation, aging insulation and even infested insulation. Common problems to look for include higher than usual utility bills, inconsistent temperatures throughout your home, crumbling insulation, pest infestations when a nest cannot be found and water damage.
- High utility bills can indicate that your insulation is no longer adequate. Replacing the insulation in your home can help lower your bills for years to come.
- Inconsistency in room temperatures may be a result of inadequate insulation. If a specific area of your house is inexplicably warmer or cooler, then the trouble may lie with the insulation.
- Aging insulation does not perform as well as newer insulation. If your home is older, or if you notice crumbling insulation during a routine inspection, then it’s time to replace your insulation.
- Insulation is a perfect place for pests: warm, cozy and hidden from house pets and humans. If your home has become infested with pests, check the insulation in your foundation, basement and attic.
- Storms, flooding and heavy rainfalls can create water damage in any home. But when the water reaches the insulation and does not dry, it creates the perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow, which can create a health risk in your home.
- Asbestos is a dangerous insulating material that should be removed from your home as soon as you are aware of its presence. Only professionals should remove asbestos as it can cause serious health risks when it is inhaled.
At Gibbs Home Improvements in Milwaukee, we specialize in removing insulation from any area of the home safely, and we always dispose of insulation correctly. We’ll never leave your family exposed to dangerous materials. Some insulation installation, replacement and removal may require reinstallation of drywall, which we are happy to do for you.
Remember, the best time to replace, install or remove insulation in Southeast Wisconsin is in the spring and fall, before temperatures can rise or fall to extremes. Keep your home comfortable with adequate, quality insulation from Gibbs Home Improvements.